PM Modi to Visit Sri Lanka in June, Confirms President Sirisena after Bilateral Meeting
Modi will visit the island nation after completing his bilateral engagements in Maldives, which will be his first trip abroad after beginning his second term in governance.
PM Narendra Modi with Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena in New Delhi on Friday. (Twitter)
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will make an official visit to Sri Lanka next month, the island nation’s President Maithripala Sirisena confirmed on Friday.
The meeting was confirmed after both leaders met in Delhi earlier in the day. On Thursday, Sirisena had attended Modi’s swearing-in ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Modi will visit Sri Lanka after his bilateral engagements in Maldives early in June.
“PM Modi will be visiting Sri Lanka after going to Maldives. His visit is very important to us,” said Sirisena.
The Ministry of External Affairs is yet to confirm the date of the visit.
Recommended For You
- Dostana 2 Announced! Kartik Aaryan, Janhvi Kapoor Team Up for Karan Johar's New Production
- Female Director with Maximum Films, Vijaya Nirmala Passes Away at 75
- Thank You Facebook, For Ruining The Instagram Experience: More Adverts Are on The Way
- Woman Scribbles ‘It’s Real’ After Being ‘Dead’ for 27 Minutes
- Here's Why Indian Fans are Rooting for Pakistan to Beat New Zealand in World Cup Match
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s