PM Modi Using Names of Martyrs for Political Mileage, Says UP Congress Chief Raj Babbar
Babbar claimed that his predecessors, former prime ministers Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi, had sacrificed their lives for the country.
File photo of State Congress president Raj Babbar. (Image: Raj Babbar/Twitter)
Balrampur: Uttar Pradesh Congress chief Raj Babbar criticised Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday for allegedly indulging in politics over martyrs, saying his predecessors never did that for electoral gains.
Addressing an election meeting here, Babbar said, "The children of farmers laid down their lives defending the country's borders while the people occupying the seats of power were playing politics over their martyrdom."
"Former prime ministers Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi sacrificed their lives for the country but never used the names of martyrs to derive political mileage," he added.
On the Congress's proposed minimum income guarantee scheme Nyay, Babbar said his party always fulfils promises made to people.
Balrampur, under Shravasti parliamentary constituency, will go to polls on May 12 in the sixth phase of the ongoing general elections.
Babbar is contesting the general election from Fatehpur Sikri constituency.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony