PM Narendra Modi Turns 67, Takes His Mother's Blessings
PM Modi, who arrived late last night, drove to his younger brother's residence at Vrindavan Bungalows on the outskirts of Gandhinagar early this morning and took blessings of his mother Hiraba.
File photo of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Ahmedabad: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday turned 67 and started his day by taking blessings of his mother. Modi, who arrived late last night, drove to his younger brother's residence at Vrindavan Bungalows on the outskirts of Gandhinagar early this morning and took blessings of his mother Hiraba.
Hiraba (97) lives with the PM's younger brother Pankaj at Raisan village near the state capital.
Modi spent around 20 minutes with his mother. The PM interacted with children of the locality after coming out of his brother's home. Modi was born on September 17, 1950.
Later in the day, the prime minister will dedicate the Sardar Sarovar Dam to the nation. He will also address public meetings at Dabhoi and Amreli.
To mark the day, the BJP will observe 'Seva Diwas' across the country with party leaders attending medical camps, blood donation events, and taking part in cleanliness drives.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan Gives Back to Tiger Shroff's Krrish Meme by Sporting Flying Jatt T-shirt
- Zareen Khan Recounts Casting Couch Horror, Says Director Asked Her to 'Rehearse Kissing Scene'
- Woman Wakes up to Find She Swallowed 2.4-Carat Diamond Ring in Sleep in US
- Nikon Z6 Review: A Strong Statement that Ably Rivals the Sony a7 III
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022