PMO Debars Senior Income Tax Officer From Central Deputation
Senior Income Tax officer Madhu Mahajan has been debarred from central deputation till her retirement next year.
Image for representation.
New Delhi: Senior Income Tax officer Madhu Mahajan has been debarred from central deputation till her retirement next year.
The move comes after the officer reportedly failed to join on the central deputation in National Commission for Women (NCW).
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved debarment of Mahajan, a 1982-batch officer of Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax), for appointment on central deputation till her date of retirement i.e. September 30, 2018, an order issued by Personnel Ministry said.
Mahajan was appointed Member Secretary in the NCW, under the Ministry of Women and Child Development, last month.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Liam Hemsworth Came to Know of Miley Cyrus' Decision to Split from Social Media
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Next Film on PM Modi's Youth; Akshay Kumar Unveils First Look
- Dream Girl Box Office Day 4: Ayushmann Khurrana Sets New Benchmark
- Mark The Calendar, Here is When Your iPhone, Watch, iPad and MacBook Get Updated
- 5-Years-Old Recreates 'Up' Moment With Great Grandparents for Birthday Photoshoot