Police Book Passenger for Raising False Bomb Scare on IndiGo's Chennai-bound Flight at Lucknow Airport
The man asked a fellow passenger what his destination was, who replied that he was travelling to Chennai. He then started shouting that a bomb was present on the 7:25 pm IndiGo flight bound for Chennai.
Image for representation.
Lucknow police interrogated a passenger who raised a false bomb scare at the state capital's airport on Saturday.
The man, Piyush Verma, asked a fellow passenger what his destination was, who replied that he was travelling to Chennai. Verma then started shouting that a bomb was present on the 7:25 pm IndiGo flight bound for Chennai, Amit Kumar, Circle Officer of Lucknow's Krishna Nagar was quoted by NDTV as saying.
The police was further quoted saying that Verma, who was travelling to Delhi, was interrogated later on, but he did not cooperate during the process.
The aircraft was thoroughly searched before the flight took off. A case has been registered against the passenger based on complaints from the airport authorities, and police are investigating the matter.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nike Joyride Dual Run Review: The Running Shoe Revolution is Truly Underway
- Aamir Khan Looks Like a Hobo in Leaked Pics from Laal Singh Chaddha Sets
- 2019 is Ending But the 'Beginners' Memes are Just Starting
- Thief Calls Houseowner 'Kanjoos' in a Note after He Returns Empty-Handed
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts