Police Head Constable Shot Dead by Militants in Srinagar
The suspected militants barged into Illiyas Ahmed's house in Khanyar, North Kashmir and shot him.
Image used for representation.
Srinagar: A police head constable visiting home on leave was shot dead by suspected militants in Srinagar Wednesday, officials said.
Illiyas Ahmed was attached with the special branch of the district police in Handwara in North Kashmir.
Suspected militants barged into his house in Khanyar and shot him dead, the officials said.
He had come home on leave, they added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Rides Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 to Promote State Tourism
- Shraddha Kapoor Left in Tears After Hearing Her Brother Siddhant Sing
- Puma Has an Interactive Store Where You Can Also Get Your New Shoes Customized
- 'Respect Culture': Woman Arrested for Wearing Bikini That Was Too 'Revealing'
- WhatsApp Has Some New Features For iPhone Users And You Can Use Them Now