Police Jawan Injured in Blast Triggered by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's Sukma District
The incident took place near Dodipadar village when a DRG team was returning after an anti-naxal operation on Wednesday evening, a senior police official said.
Sukma: A personnel of the state police's District Reserve Guard (DRG) was injured in a blast triggered by naxals in Chhattisgarh's Sukma district, an official said.
The incident took place near Dodipadar village when a DRG team was returning after an anti-naxal operation on Wednesday evening, a senior police official said. The security forces had launched patrolling operation in the interior of Pushpal area on September 30, he said.
On the way back, when the DRG team was passing through a forest at the base of a hill, naxals carried out the blast of an improvised explosive device (IED), he said. Assistant constable Sawlam Mutta was injured in the attack.
Mutta, who sustained splinter injuries in his legs, was rushed to a local hospital and was said to be out of danger, the official said. The DRG is a front line anti-naxal unit of the state police.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Watch: Burglar Kisses Elderly Woman to Calm Her During Robbery in Pharmacy
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Amitabh Bachchan Was Never Hospitalised, Say Kaun Banega Crorepati Sources
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring