Police Seize Cash Worth Rs 30 Lakh in New Rs 2,000 Notes in Nashik
In two separate operations during the wee hours today, the city police seized cash worth Rs 30 lakh in new Rs 2,000 notes from four persons who have been detained.
Nashik: In two separate operations in the wee hours of Monday, the city police seized cash worth Rs 30 lakh in new Rs 2,000 notes from four persons who have been detained.
While Rs 17.40 lakh were seized from a man in Wadala gaon locality of the city, Rs 13 lakh were recovered from three men at a garden here. Both the seizures took place between 2 am and 3 am, a police official said.
"Based on a tip-off that a person is carrying 850 currency notes of Rs 2,000 denomination in order to facilitate the exchange the banned bills of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500, a squad of Indira Nagar police station laid a trap at Wadalagaon and seized the notes from one Asad Jakir Sayyad (29) around 2 am today," Assistant Commissioner of Police (Crime) Sachin Gore said in a release.
In the second incident, 650 notes of Rs 2,000 denomination worth Rs 13 lakh were seized from three persons identified as Roshan Walecha (26), Gorakh Gofane (46) and Sayajad Motwani (35), he said.
All of them have been taken into custody and the Income Tax department has been informed about the seizure, police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Maurizio Sarri Confirms Cristiano Ronaldo Will Miss Juventus' Trip to Atalanta
- PUBG Mobile 0.16.0 Beta Update: Death Race Mode, TPP to FPP Switch, and More
- Bigg Boss 13: Rashami Desai Taunts Shehnaz Gill for Borrowing Her Designer Clothes
- Tesla Launches Electric ‘Cybertruck' Inspired From Blade Runner Movie, Priced at $39,900
- Get a FASTag For Your Car, Unless You Want to Pay More at Toll Plazas From December 1