Policeman on Duty for T20I Match in Nagpur Dies of Cardiac Arrest
ASI Madar Sheikh (50), working at police headquarters, was on bandobast duty when he suffered a cardiac arrest around 12:15pm, said DCP, Zone I, Vivek Masal.
Nagpur: An assistant sub-inspector of Nagpur police deployed on security duty for the third T20 International to be played here died on Sunday after a cardiac arrest, an official said.
India and Bangladesh will play the third T20I at the Vidarbha Cricket Stadium located at Jamtha on the southern outskirts of Nagpur later in the day.
ASI Madar Sheikh (50), working at police headquarters, was on bandobast duty when he suffered a cardiac arrest around 12:15pm, said Deputy Commissioner of Police, Zone I, Vivek Masal.
"He was sitting on a chair and fell on the ground unconscious, after which others on duty rushed him to a nearby hospital. However, doctors there could not revive him and he was declared dead," Masal said.
A case of accidental death has been registered at Sonegaon police station, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh Seek Blessings at Golden Temple
- Ranveer Singh Nailing Kapil Dev's 'Natraj Shot' Has the Internet Hooked
- Study Concludes Apple Watch Can Detect Heart Rate Irregularities
- FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Doungel Scores in Injury Time to Help India Draw With Afghanistan
- Hong Kong Open: PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap Crash Out in Second Round