Portuguese PM to Visit India Next Year
Portuguese Prime Minister Antonio Costa will visit India in January next year and is likely to make a trip to Goa.
File photo of Portuguese Prime Minister Antonio Costa/Getty
Panaji: Portuguese Prime Minister Antonio Costa will visit India in January next year and is likely to make a trip to Goa.
Consul General of Portugal for Goa Rui Baceira told reporters on Monday that the Portuguese Prime Minister will be visiting India in January 2017, with Goa and Bangalore being on his travel itinerary.
"The Portuguese Prime Minister is coming to India in January (2017). He is of Goan Indian origin. We are pleased to have him here," Baceira told reporters on the sidelines of Independence Day event here.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar had in March told the State Legislative Assembly that he would invite Costa to Goa.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Having Multiple Husbands May Be a 'Wise Strategy' For Women, Claims Study
- Akshay Kumar's Mission Mangal Inches Closer to 100 Cr, John Abraham's Batla House Paces Up at BO
- Couldn't Have Dreamt the Blessings God Showered on Me: Kohli
- Suhana Khan's Brother Aryan Parties with Ananya Panday and Friends, See Pics
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More