Post-appointment as Maharashtra Governor, Koshyari Resigns from BJP's Primary Membership
In a letter to Uttarakhand BJP president Ajay Bhatt, Koshyari requested him to accept his resignation as he was resigning in view of his constitutional responsibility. Koshyari handed over his resignation to Bhatt.
File photo of Bhagat Singh Koshyari ( Image: Twitter/ Bhagat Singh Koshyari)
Dehradun: Senior BJP leader Bhagat Singh Koshyari on Monday resigned from the primary membership of the party following his appointment as the Governor of Maharashtra.
In a letter to Uttarakhand BJP president Ajay Bhatt, Koshyari requested him to accept his resignation as he was resigning in view of his constitutional responsibility. Koshyari handed over his resignation to Bhatt, who is also the party MP from Nainital, when the latter met him at his residence here to congratulate him on his appointment to the constitutional post.
State BJP media in-charge Baljeet Sony was also present when Koshyari handed over his resignation letter to Bhatt.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- Arjun Kapoor Trolls Alia Bhatt Over African Safari 'vlog'
- Taylor Swift Weighs in on Game of Thrones Finale and Daenerys Targaryen's Fate
- Your New Apple iPhone 11 Could Cost As Little as Rs 51,700 With Amazon Preorder Offers
- Do Not Worry, Your Mi TV Will Get Netflix And Amazon Prime Video Apps This Year