Pramod Chandra Mody Appointed as New CBDT Chief
Mody, a 1982 batch Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax cadre), has been appointed in place of Sushil Chandra, who was appointed as an Election Commissioner.
Senior bureaucrat Pramod Chandra Mody was onThursday appointed as chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (Image: Twitter)
New Delhi: Senior bureaucrat Pramod Chandra Mody was on Thursday appointed as chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), a top policy making body for income tax department, according to a Personnel Ministry order.
Mody, a 1982 batch Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax cadre), has been appointed in place of Sushil Chandra, who earlier Thursday appointed as an Election Commissioner ahead of the Lok Sabha polls due this summer.
Mody is at present member CBDT.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- On Sanya Malhotra's Birthday, Daniel Radcliffe Wishes Her
- Can Coronavirus Threaten China’s Position As An Economic Superpower? | Crux +
- Video of Disha Patani Doing a Back Flip will Give You Major Gym Goals
- Chris Hemsworth Delivers Iconic 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Dialogue, Wins Hearts of Indian Fans
- Poco X2 Going on Sale Today India: Price, Offers, Specs and More