Saharanpur Woman Delivers in Rickshaw After Govt Hospital Turns Her Away
Munawar's husband lodged a complaint with the police and demanded action against the hospital.
Image only for representational purpose. (Getty Images)
Saharanpur: A pregnant woman in Saharanpur was allegedly asked to leave a hospital in Saharanpur in the middle of the night by the staff, following which she gave birth to a boy in an e-rickshaw, the police said on Wednesday.
Munawar, who was in labour, was admitted the district woman's hospital on the night of August 14 but was later asked to leave without being examined, SP Saharanpur (Rural) Vidya Sagar Mishra said.
While her husband was taking her in an e-rickshaw to another hospital, she gave birth to the boy in the vehicle. She was admitted to a private hospital later, he said.
Munawar's husband lodged a complaint with the police and demanded action against the hospital, Mishra said.
A case was lodged in Janapuri Police Station. The matter was being probed, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- RCB Rope in Hesson & Katich for IPL 2020, Sack Kirsten and Nehra
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990
- Maruti Suzuki WagonR Recalled, Over 40,000 Units Affected Across India
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- Woman Watching YouTube Video on How to Find Diamonds Finds 3.72-carat Diamond