Pregnant Woman Killed in Moving Train For Objecting to Smoking by Co-passenger
After a heated argument, the accused Sonu Yadav attacked 45-year-old Chinat Devi in the general bogey of Punjab-Bihar Jallianwala Express.
Image used for representation.
Shahjahanpur: A pregnant woman was allegedly strangled to death on a train for objecting to a co-passenger smoking, a senior GRP official said.
On Friday night, Chinat Devi (45) was travelling with her family in the general bogey of Punjab-Bihar Jallianwala Express when she objected to a co-passenger, identified as Sonu Yadav, smoking, GRP police station In-charge, Shahjahanpur, A K Pandey said.
After a heated argument, Yadav attacked the woman and strangled her, Pandey said, adding that the train was stopped at Shahjahanpur and the woman was rushed to a hospital where the doctors declared her dead. The deceased and her family were on their way to Bihar for taking part in Chhat puja festivities, Pandey said.
The accused was arrested and the body was sent for post-mortem, he said.
Recommended For You
- Your Mozilla Firefox Web Browser Has a Critical Bug, And You Must Update it Now
- Anushka Sharma Joins Virat Kohli in London Ahead of India-Afghanistan Clash at The Rose Bowl
- After Hyundai Venue, 2020 Creta SUV to get BlueLink Connectivity with eSIM
- Benoit Paire, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Showcase Football Skills During Match Rally at Halle Open
- Cricket World Cup 2019 | Shoaib Malik & Sania Mirza Hit Back at Twitter Trolling
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s