President Kovind Accepts Shiv Sena MP Arvind Sawant's Resignation from Union Council of Ministers
As advised by PM Modi, the president has directed that Union minister Prakash Javadekar be assigned the charge of the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises in addition to his existing portfolios
Shiv Sena MP Arvind Sawant displays his resignation from the cabinet during a press conference, in New Delhi, Monday. (PTI Photo)
New Delhi: President Ram Nath Kovind on Tuesday accepted the resignation of Shiv Sena MP Arvind Sawant from the Union council of ministers with immediate effect, a Rashtrapati Bhavan spokesperson said.
Sawant's resignation has been accepted on advice of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, according to the spokesperson. As advised by the prime minister, the president has directed that Union minister Prakash Javadekar be assigned the charge of the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises in addition to his existing portfolios, the spokesperson added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- #AmbedkarLongLive: Twitter Fondly Remembers BR Ambedkar on His 63rd Death Anniversary
- Why Do We Need a Judiciary in Place When We Have Real-life 'Singhams'?
- Kalki Koechlin Flaunts Baby Bump in New Photoshoot, See Pics
- Vikas Gupta Confirms Entry in Bigg Boss 13 with New Instagram Post?
- Alia Bhatt is So Successful as She Didn't Inherit a Genetic Flaw from Our Father, Says Pooja Bhatt