President Lays Foundation Stone of Haj House in Ranchi
Pranab Mukherjee said Haj pilgrims from India outnumbered those from Pakistan and Bangladesh.
File photo of President Pranab Mukherjee/Reuters
Ranchi: Haj pilgrimage is a lifetime dream of every Muslim and Haj House at Ranchi would facilitate the journey for people of the state, President Pranab Mukherjee said on Sunday.
The building will be constructed at a cost of Rs 55.12 crore.
Mukherjee said Haj pilgrims from India outnumbered those from Pakistan and Bangladesh.
Till date, there was no proper arrangement available for Haj pilgrims from Jharkhand, he said.
The state government, after realising this, has decided to construct a unique and very beautiful Haj House while keeping religious traditions and customs of Muslim brethren in mind.
"This Haj House will provide all type of facilities for the Haj pilgrims," he said, adding that he feels delighted to lay its foundation stone.
The President also laid the foundation stone of Rabindra Bhawan to be built at a cost of Rs 155 crore.
Mukherjee said Noble laureate Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore had special attachment with Jharkhand.
He said he has strong belief that this Rabindra Bhawan will establish its identity as a unique centre for promotion of art and culture in Ranchi.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Teases 'Awesome Patch' And Night Mode For Vikendi Map: Everything You Need to Know
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Denies Joining Politics, Says Her Focus is and Only Will be Movies
- Nissan Kicks Compact SUV Launch Live: Price, Details, Specifications and Features
- A Professor, Doctor and a Businessman Met on Twitter - Anonymously
- Margrethe Vestager, Silicon Valley's Nemesis at EU, to Lay Out Long Term Plan to Scrutinise Tech Companies
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s