President Lays Foundation Stone of Haj House in Ranchi
Pranab Mukherjee said Haj pilgrims from India outnumbered those from Pakistan and Bangladesh.
File photo of President Pranab Mukherjee/Reuters
Ranchi: Haj pilgrimage is a lifetime dream of every Muslim and Haj House at Ranchi would facilitate the journey for people of the state, President Pranab Mukherjee said on Sunday.
The building will be constructed at a cost of Rs 55.12 crore.
Mukherjee said Haj pilgrims from India outnumbered those from Pakistan and Bangladesh.
Till date, there was no proper arrangement available for Haj pilgrims from Jharkhand, he said.
The state government, after realising this, has decided to construct a unique and very beautiful Haj House while keeping religious traditions and customs of Muslim brethren in mind.
"This Haj House will provide all type of facilities for the Haj pilgrims," he said, adding that he feels delighted to lay its foundation stone.
The President also laid the foundation stone of Rabindra Bhawan to be built at a cost of Rs 155 crore.
Mukherjee said Noble laureate Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore had special attachment with Jharkhand.
He said he has strong belief that this Rabindra Bhawan will establish its identity as a unique centre for promotion of art and culture in Ranchi.
Recommended For You
- Watch Opening Salvo | Aakash Chopra Previews IPL 2018, Match 24: RCB vs CSK
- After Avengers Infinity War, Marvel Considering An 'Eternals' Film
- Deepika Padukone Looks Gorgeous in a Anamika Khanna Ensemble at the Time 100 Red Carpet; See Pics
- Sanju Teaser Trailer Released, Ranbir Kapoor IS Sanjay Dutt In Upcoming Biopic; Check It Out
- Ranbir Kapoor Reveals What Will Happen If Someone Puts Camera in His House Just Like Bigg Boss