President Lays Foundation Stone of Haj House in Ranchi
Pranab Mukherjee said Haj pilgrims from India outnumbered those from Pakistan and Bangladesh.
File photo of President Pranab Mukherjee/Reuters
Ranchi: Haj pilgrimage is a lifetime dream of every Muslim and Haj House at Ranchi would facilitate the journey for people of the state, President Pranab Mukherjee said on Sunday.
The building will be constructed at a cost of Rs 55.12 crore.
Mukherjee said Haj pilgrims from India outnumbered those from Pakistan and Bangladesh.
Till date, there was no proper arrangement available for Haj pilgrims from Jharkhand, he said.
The state government, after realising this, has decided to construct a unique and very beautiful Haj House while keeping religious traditions and customs of Muslim brethren in mind.
"This Haj House will provide all type of facilities for the Haj pilgrims," he said, adding that he feels delighted to lay its foundation stone.
The President also laid the foundation stone of Rabindra Bhawan to be built at a cost of Rs 155 crore.
Mukherjee said Noble laureate Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore had special attachment with Jharkhand.
He said he has strong belief that this Rabindra Bhawan will establish its identity as a unique centre for promotion of art and culture in Ranchi.
Recommended For You
- This 17-Yr-Old is Prepping to be The First Human to Step on Mars
- Katrina Kaif Birthday: Actress Looks Super Happy As She Cuts Cake With Family in England; See Pics
- Wrestling Star Bill Goldberg Crashes his Toyota Tundra Pickup Truck at Goodwood Festival of Speed [Video]
- Britney Spears Suffers a Major Wardrobe Malfunction During Piece of Me Concert
- Hrithik Bonds With Sons Hrehaan & Hridaan As They Enjoy Adventurous Vacation in Switzerland, See Pics