President Ram Nath Kovind's Visit to Jharkhand's Gumla Cancelled as Heavy Rains Lash Region
Presidnet Kovind is scheduled to attend the convocation ceremony of Ranchi University on Monday.
File photo of President Ram Nath Kovind. (Reuters)
Ranchi: President Ram Nath Kovind's scheduled programme on Sunday at Jharkhand's Gumla district has been cancelled, an official statement said.
"The visit to Tribal Centre, Gumla, stands cancelled. All preparations may be stand down, the statement issued by Presidents Secretariat (tour section) said.
The reason for the cancellation, however, was not mentioned in the statement. Sources said the decision was taken owing to heavy rain across the region.
Kovind is scheduled to attend the convocation ceremony of Ranchi University on Monday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- From Slam Poets to 'Eco-Feminists', BBC's 100 Most Influential Women 2019 List Has 7 Indians
- Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled: Here's All You Need to Know
- Supermodel Bella Hadid is World's Most Beautiful Woman According to Science
- Google Pixel 4 Project Soli Radar is Why The Phone is Not Coming to India
- Mercedes-Benz G 350 d Launched at Rs 1.5 Crore in India