Priest, Three-others Convicted in Gang Rape of Five Girls
The five girls had gone to Arki to perform a drama to create awareness regarding government schemes after which they were abducted and raped.
Image for representation.
Ranchi: A Christian priest and three others were convicted on Tuesday for the gang-rape of five girls in Jharkhand's Khuti district.
"Four people including Father Alphanso have been convicted by the Additional District Judge. The quantum of sentence will be delivered on May 15," Sushil Jaiswal, Public Prosecutor of Khuti district, told reporters.
Five girls were gang-rapped in June 19, 2018 in Arki in Khuti district. Based on the statement of the victims, police arrested four people including the Father.
The five girls had gone to Arki to perform a drama to create awareness regarding government schemes. They were abducted and raped.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Maya' Jennifer Winget Will Break All Boundaries in Beyhadh 2
- 'Such a Cute Ma Sita': People Can't Get Enough of Little Girl Dancing to Drum Beats
- Trailers This Week: Vijay, Atlee's Bigil Impresses Shah Rukh Khan
- A 'Seven-Headed' Snake Skin Discovered Near Bengaluru Has Left Locals Curious
- Carlsberg Wants to Bring The World’s First Beer Bottles Made From Paper to The Market