Prime Accused in Nabha jail Break Case Arrested: Punjab Police
Punjab Police have arrested prime accused Amandeep Dhothian from Jalandhar in the sensational Nabha jailbreak case and recovered a revolver and cartridges from his possession.
File photo of Nabha jail in Punjab. (Photo: news18india.com)
Jalandhar: Punjab Police have arrested one of the prime accused from Jalandhar in the sensational Nabha jailbreak case and recovered a revolver and cartridges from his possession.
He said police also recovered a .32 bore revolver, seven live cartridges, four SIM cards and Rs 5,000 from his possession.
He was one of the "most wanted" gangsters in the state, Shukla said.
Dhothian is facing 26 heinous cases across the state and one of the prime accused in the Nabha jailbreak case, he said. With his arrest, Punjab Police have so far nabbed four of the total six escapees from Nabha jail.
Those who are still to be arrested are gangster Vicky Gounder and militant Kashmir Singh.
In a sensational jailbreak, a group of armed men stormed the Nabha jail in police uniforms and managed to free six prisoners - Harminder Singh Mintoo and Kashmir Singh, both terrorists, and gangsters Dhothian, Vicky Gounder, Gurpreet Sekhon and Neeta Deol - from the maximum security jail at Nabha in Patiala district on November 27 last year.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Stefanos Tsitsipas Flies into 'Fairytale' First Slam Semi-final
- Janhvi Kapoor Gets Heavily Trolled for Flaunting Holographic Outfit Copied from International Brand
- Upcoming Tata Merlin LSV for Indian Army Can Make the Safari Storme Look Tiny
- Spider-Man Tom Holland Accidentally Uploads Entire Avengers: Endgame on Twitter? Deets Inside
- TRAI’s New Rules For Cable & DTH: Everything You Need to Know Ahead of the Feb 1 Deadline
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s