Prime Accused in Nabha jail Break Case Arrested: Punjab Police
Punjab Police have arrested prime accused Amandeep Dhothian from Jalandhar in the sensational Nabha jailbreak case and recovered a revolver and cartridges from his possession.
File photo of Nabha jail in Punjab. (Photo: news18india.com)
Jalandhar: Punjab Police have arrested one of the prime accused from Jalandhar in the sensational Nabha jailbreak case and recovered a revolver and cartridges from his possession.
He said police also recovered a .32 bore revolver, seven live cartridges, four SIM cards and Rs 5,000 from his possession.
He was one of the "most wanted" gangsters in the state, Shukla said.
Dhothian is facing 26 heinous cases across the state and one of the prime accused in the Nabha jailbreak case, he said. With his arrest, Punjab Police have so far nabbed four of the total six escapees from Nabha jail.
Those who are still to be arrested are gangster Vicky Gounder and militant Kashmir Singh.
In a sensational jailbreak, a group of armed men stormed the Nabha jail in police uniforms and managed to free six prisoners - Harminder Singh Mintoo and Kashmir Singh, both terrorists, and gangsters Dhothian, Vicky Gounder, Gurpreet Sekhon and Neeta Deol - from the maximum security jail at Nabha in Patiala district on November 27 last year.
Recommended For You
- This 17-Yr-Old is Prepping to be The First Human to Step on Mars
- Yamaha Cygnus Ray ZR Street Rally Edition Launched at Rs 57,898, Inspired from the MT-09
- Amazon Workers to go on Strike in Germany; Demand Better Working Conditions
- I'm 'Not Like Others' Says Ronaldo at Juventus Unveiling
- OnePlus 6 Red Officially Goes on Sale on Amazon, OnePlus Website Today