Principal Beats Dehradun Boy With Iron Rod for Complaining About Mid-day Meal
The school principal was suspended after preliminary investigations confirmed severe injuries to the child.
Investigations revealed that the money was being directed to personal accounts instead of going to schools. (Representative Image: Reuters)
Dehradun: An 11-year-old boy was hospitalised here after his principal allegedly beat him up with an iron rod when he complained about the quality of the mid-day meal, police said on Tuesday.
The victim, Rahul, is a student of Class V at Government Primary School in Dehradun district's Old Dalanwala area.
On Monday, Rahul complained to the school principal, Nasrin Bano, about the quality of food being served in the mid-day meal.
This angered Bano and she thrashed Rahul with an iron rod, following which the boy fell unconscious, police said.
Rahul's friends brought him home and his parents rushed him to a hospital.
His father, Dharmendra Paswan, has lodged a complaint at the Dalanwala police station and a probe has been initiated, the police added.
Rahul is undergoing treatment at the Coronation Hospital and police said his condition was stable.
The minor's angry relatives demonstrated outside the school.
The school principal was suspended after preliminary investigations confirmed severe injuries to the child, Chief Education Officer of Dehradun, S B Joshi, said.
Recommended For You
- Sanjay Kapoor Trolls Malaika Arora on New 'Saturday Blues' Instagram Post
- Joe Jonas Celebrates James Bond Themed Birthday with Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas and Sophie
- Flipkart Begins Roll-out of Video Service: Here is Everything You Need to Know
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead