Pulwama: Civilian Killed, Jawan Injured in Grenade Attack in J&K
The injured CRPF jawan has been identified as constable Dalbir Kiran.
Srinagar: A civilian was killed and a CRPF jawan was injured after a grenade was lobbed by militants at a police party in Pulwama's Muran Chow in Jammu and Kashmir on Friday.
The grenade was hurled at the security forces deployed on law and order duty at Murran chowk in the district, 31 km from Srinagar, a police official said.
He said the blast resulted in the death of a civilian identified as Mohammad Ayoub Wani and injuries to a CRPF jawan Constable Daljit Kiran.
Security forces have been put on a alert and a manhunt has been launched for the militants, he added.
(With agency inputs)
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Channels His Inner 'Gully Boy', Raps When Stuck in Traffic
- In Pics: Katrina, Jacqueline, Karan Johar Have a Blast at Sidharth Malhotra's Birthday Bash
- Justin Bieber's Mother Raves Over Son's Wife Hailey Baldwin
- Yes, I'm in Love: 'Manikarnika' Star Ankita Lokhande Confirms Dating Vicky Jain
- 'Africa' by Toto to Play On Loop for Eternity as Sound Installation in Namibia Desert
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s