Pulwama: Civilian Killed, Jawan Injured in Grenade Attack in J&K
The injured CRPF jawan has been identified as constable Dalbir Kiran.
Srinagar: A civilian was killed and a CRPF jawan was injured after a grenade was lobbed by militants at a police party in Pulwama's Muran Chow in Jammu and Kashmir on Friday.
The grenade was hurled at the security forces deployed on law and order duty at Murran chowk in the district, 31 km from Srinagar, a police official said.
He said the blast resulted in the death of a civilian identified as Mohammad Ayoub Wani and injuries to a CRPF jawan Constable Daljit Kiran.
Security forces have been put on a alert and a manhunt has been launched for the militants, he added.
(With agency inputs)
Recommended For You
- Adelaide Women's Team Amasses 596 Runs in 50-Over Match, Wins by 571 Runs
- World’s Fastest Camera Sees Light in Slow Motion: Watch Video
- Bigg Boss 12: Nehha Pendse is the First Celebrity to Get Evicted from the House
- Customized Maruti Suzuki Baleno With Premium Red Cabin is Hard to Recognize
- Bryan Adams Witnessed Something Unusual During His Performance in Gurgaon. Can You Spot it?