Pulwama: Civilian Killed, Jawan Injured in Grenade Attack in J&K
The injured CRPF jawan has been identified as constable Dalbir Kiran.
Srinagar: A civilian was killed and a CRPF jawan was injured after a grenade was lobbed by militants at a police party in Pulwama's Muran Chow in Jammu and Kashmir on Friday.
The grenade was hurled at the security forces deployed on law and order duty at Murran chowk in the district, 31 km from Srinagar, a police official said.
He said the blast resulted in the death of a civilian identified as Mohammad Ayoub Wani and injuries to a CRPF jawan Constable Daljit Kiran.
Security forces have been put on a alert and a manhunt has been launched for the militants, he added.
(With agency inputs)
Recommended For You
- IPL 2018: 'Deeply Hurt' Kohli Apologises for RCB's Forgettable Season
- Apple Offers Rs 3,900 Credit To iPhone Customer Who Paid For Their Out-of-Warranty iPhone Battery Replacement
- Ramazan 2018: 5 Science-Backed Ways How Intermittent Fasting Benefits Everyone
- Tendulkar's Message for Ab de Villiers After Retirement Announcement
- Underarm Serve the Way to Stop Rafael Nadal? When all Else Fails, Why Not?