Take the pledge to vote

For a better tommorow#AajSawaroApnaKal
  • I agree to receive emails from News18

  • I promise to vote in this year's elections no matter what the odds are.
  • Please check above checkbox.

    SUBMIT

Thank you for
taking the pledge

Vote responsibly as each vote counts
and makes a diffrence

Disclaimer:

Issued in public interest by HDFC Life. HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited) (“HDFC Life”). CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101 . The name/letters "HDFC" in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited ("HDFC Limited") and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited. ARN EU/04/19/13618
LIVE TV DownloadNews18 App
News18 English
»
1-min read

Quack Brands 1-year-old With Hot Iron in Gujarat Village to 'Cure' Fever; Boy Dies of Infected Wound

Branding is administered as a traditional cure for fever and some other medical conditions by quacks in villages, said a doctor at a hospital in Deesa where the boy was treated briefly before being shifted to Ahmedabad.

PTI

Updated:June 2, 2019, 9:55 PM IST
facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp
Quack Brands 1-year-old With Hot Iron in Gujarat Village to 'Cure' Fever; Boy Dies of Infected Wound
Representative image.
Loading...

Palanpur: Four days after he was branded with hot iron, a one-year-old baby boy died at a hospital in Ahmedabad Sunday, doctors said.

Vipul, the boy, was branded by a village quack at Vaseda village in Vav tehsil of Banaskantha district on Wednesday.

Branding is administered as a traditional cure for fever and some other medical conditions by quacks in villages, said Sunil Acharya, a doctor at a hospital in Deesa where the boy was treated briefly before being shifted to Ahmedabad.

Vipul was having fever for 10 days, and he was branded on the left arm by the village quack on Wednesday, he said.

"The boy had pneumonia. After being branded with hot iron, his condition became critical. We referred the case to Rajasthan Hospital in Ahmedabad Friday," the doctor said.

Gautam Jain, a doctor at Rajasthan Hospital, confirmed that the infected burn injury claimed Vipul's life.

"This superstitious practice (of branding) still prevails in remote parts of rural areas of the state," Dr Jain said.

Read full article
Loading...
Next Story
Next Story

Also Watch

facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp
 
 

Live TV

Loading...
Countdown To Elections Results
  • 01 d
  • 12 h
  • 38 m
  • 09 s
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results