Rags to Riches: Beggar Outside Puducherry Temple Found With Rs 15k Cash, Lakhs in Bank, Aadhaar Card
Parvatham, 70, is said to have earned the money by seeking alms from devotees visiting the temple and she refused to move from the spot when the authorities asked her to do so.
Image is used for representation purpose only. (Photo: Reuters)
Puducherry: Officials of a temple here were shocked to find a beggar with cash totalling Rs 15,000 and a bank account with Rs 2 lakh to her credit.
That the beggar woman had so much money came to light when the temple authorities were clearing the pavement near the place of worship.
Parvatham, 70, is said to have earned the money by seeking alms from devotees visiting the temple and she refused to move from the spot when the authorities asked her to.
They then informed the police, who checked her bag and found that it contained Rs 15,000 in cash and also a bank passbook in her name with around Rs 2 lakh as balance. There was also an Aadhaar card in the bag.
The woman was shifted to a home for the aged and their relatives in Kallakurichi in neighbouring Tamil Nadu were informed, said the police.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Chaayos Insists They Only Use Your Facial Data To Let You Buy a Cup of Chai Quickly
- Kartik Aaryan Tries to Troll Ananya Panday for Her Pants, She Shuts Him up with Epic Response
- Mumbai's 'First Home System' Auto Rickshaw with Washbasin, Desktop Impresses Netizens
- Maurizio Sarri Confirms Cristiano Ronaldo Will Miss Juventus' Trip to Atalanta
- Bigg Boss 13: Rashami Desai Taunts Shehnaz Gill for Borrowing Her Designer Clothes