Rahul Gandhi Poses Three Questions to Nirmala Sitharaman on Rafale Deal
Rahul Gandhi's retort comes a day after Sitharaman alleged that it was shameful on part of the Congress to raise objections on the deal for 36 Rafale fighter jets.
File photo of Congress Party Vice President Rahul Gandhi. (Getty Images)
He also asked her whether Prime Minister Narendra Modi had taken permission from the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) before announcing the purchase of the Rafale fighter aircraft in Paris.
Gandhi's retort comes a day after Sitharaman alleged that it was shameful on part of the Congress to raise objections on the deal.
The Congress had accused the government of compromising national interest and security while promoting "crony capitalism" and causing a loss to the public exchequer.
“Dear RM (Raksha Mantri), what's shameful is your boss silencing you. Please tell us: 1. Final price of each Rafale jet? 2. Did PM take CCS permission before announcing purchase in Paris? 3. Why PM bypassed experienced HAL and gave the deal to AA rated businessman with no defence experience?" Gandhi tweeted.
Dear RM, what’s shameful is your boss silencing you. Please tell us :— Office of RG (@OfficeOfRG) November 18, 2017
1. Final price of each Rafale jet?
2. Did PM take CCS permission before announcing purchase in Paris?
3. Why PM bypassed experienced HAL & gave the deal to AA rated businessman with no defence experience?
The Congress and the BJP have exchanged barbs over the multi-crore Rafale fighter aircraft deal.
While the Congress was alleging that a scam was brewing in the deal, the BJP claimed that the renegotiated deal was transparent and better than the deal negotiated by the previous UPA government.
India had inked an inter-governmental agreement with France in September last year for procurement of 36 Rafale fighter jets at a cost of around Rs 58,000 crore, nearly one- and-half years after the prime minister announced the proposal during a visit to Paris.
(Get detailed and live results of each and every seat in the Lok Sabha elections and state Assembly elections in Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you don a psephologist’s hat and turn into an election expert. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections and see our informative graphics. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- ICC World Cup 2019 | Inzamam Hopeful of Snapping Losing World Cup Streak Against India
- ICC World Cup 2019 | England & Afghanistan Seek Winning Momentum in Final Warm-up Game
- Trailers This Week: Nostalgia Brews with Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Abhay Deol Impresses in Jungle Cry
- Philips 6700 Ambilight Review: You Will Enjoy What You See on The Screen, And Behind it Too
- Modi 2.0: Interesting Facts About 17th Lok Sabha
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s