Rahul Gandhi Poses Three Questions to Nirmala Sitharaman on Rafale Deal
Rahul Gandhi's retort comes a day after Sitharaman alleged that it was shameful on part of the Congress to raise objections on the deal for 36 Rafale fighter jets.
File photo of Congress Party Vice President Rahul Gandhi. (Getty Images)
He also asked her whether Prime Minister Narendra Modi had taken permission from the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) before announcing the purchase of the Rafale fighter aircraft in Paris.
Gandhi's retort comes a day after Sitharaman alleged that it was shameful on part of the Congress to raise objections on the deal.
The Congress had accused the government of compromising national interest and security while promoting "crony capitalism" and causing a loss to the public exchequer.
“Dear RM (Raksha Mantri), what's shameful is your boss silencing you. Please tell us: 1. Final price of each Rafale jet? 2. Did PM take CCS permission before announcing purchase in Paris? 3. Why PM bypassed experienced HAL and gave the deal to AA rated businessman with no defence experience?" Gandhi tweeted.
Dear RM, what’s shameful is your boss silencing you. Please tell us :— Office of RG (@OfficeOfRG) November 18, 2017
1. Final price of each Rafale jet?
2. Did PM take CCS permission before announcing purchase in Paris?
3. Why PM bypassed experienced HAL & gave the deal to AA rated businessman with no defence experience?
The Congress and the BJP have exchanged barbs over the multi-crore Rafale fighter aircraft deal.
While the Congress was alleging that a scam was brewing in the deal, the BJP claimed that the renegotiated deal was transparent and better than the deal negotiated by the previous UPA government.
India had inked an inter-governmental agreement with France in September last year for procurement of 36 Rafale fighter jets at a cost of around Rs 58,000 crore, nearly one- and-half years after the prime minister announced the proposal during a visit to Paris. (Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- Sara Ali Khan Says Her Mother Amrita Singh Didn’t Recognize Her After Her Weight Loss
- Saira Banu to Ring in Dilip Kumar’s 96th Birthday Amid Family and Friends
- Neha Kakkar, Himansh Kohli Split Just 3 Months After Confirming Their Relationship: Report
- Could Chinese Court Order Against iPhones Push Apple And Qualcomm Closer to a Settlement?
- T-shirts Inside Out, No Abuse, Greet People With a Namaste: Special Daily Whatsapp Instructions for Indian Hockey Team
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s