Raj Kundra News Updates: Company of Shilpa Shetty’s husband was searched and clips were even obtained from his computer, Mumbai police said on Tuesday, adding that Raj Kundra’s company produced the content/accounts/operations in Mumbai and then sold the pornographic content to app named ‘Hotshot’.
The businessman was arrested on Monday night by the city police’s crime branch in a case related to alleged creation of pornographic films. He has been remanded in police custody till July 23. Since morning, several statements have been recorded in the matter.
Here are Top Developments
• Mumbai police said that Kundra’s ‘Vihan’ company tied up with his brother-in-law who owned a company that had an app by the name of ‘Hotshot’. Both Apple and Google stores have taken down the app, an officer said, adding that they are investigating electronic and documentary evidence.
• Reacting to the case, Kangana Ranaut promised to expose the “under belly of Bullywood" with her next production venture ‘Tiku weds Sheru’. “This is why I call movie industry a gutter… all that glitter is not gold, I am going to expose under belly of Bullywood in my upcoming production called Tiku weds Sheru. We need strong value system and conscience in the creative industry and of course a whip," she said.
• According to some reports, actress-model Sherlyn Chopra and Poonam Pandey have recorded statements with Maharasthra Cyber Cell, which have apparently gone viral on social media. A report in DNA said Chopra has been paid Rs 30 lakh for each project, and she had done about 15 to 20 assignments for Kundra.
• Kundra has been booked under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and the Information Technology Act.
• The police, while seeking maximum custody of Kundra, told a magistrate’s court in Mumbai that the 45-year-old businessman was economically gaining by making and selling pornographic material.
• The police said they have seized Kundra’s mobile phone and its contents need to be scrutinised and also his business dealings and transactions have to be looked into.
• Apart from Kundra, the police also produced before the court another accused, Ryan Thorpe, who too was arrested in the case on Monday.
• While some wondered if Shilpa Shetty too would be quizzed, Mumbai Joint CP denied about the actor being called in for questioning by the the Mumbai Police.
As Raj Kundra’s case sent shockwaves across Bollywood, a clip from Kapil Sharma‘s comedy and talk show went viral, where the comedian jokingly asks the source of income of Shilpa Shetty’s husband as most of the times he’s snapped taking Shilpa for shopping, playing football matches with Bollywood stars and enjoying exotic vacations.