Rajasthan Government Makes Singing National Anthem Must in Hostels
The statement was released by the state department of social justice and empowerment (SJE), in order to evoke 'nationalism' in students.
Jaipur: The Vasundhara Raje-led Rajasthan government has issued a directive to all 789 hostels for OBC, SC and ST to ensure all residents sing the national anthem at 7 am, every day.
The statement was released by the state's Department of Social Justice and Empowerment (SJE), in order to evoke 'nationalism' in students.
SJE principal secretary Samit Sharma told The Times of India that residential schools have already been reciting the national anthem, with it now being extended to government-run and government-aided hostels as well.
Students will have to recite the national anthem at 7 am, daily, during the morning prayers.
The diktat comes after the Jaipur Municipal Corporation had ordered that the national anthem and national song be played at the civic body’s head office daily at 9 am and 5 pm.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships