Rajasthan Woman Ends Life by Jumping into Well After Being Humiliated by Husband over 'Dark Complexion'
The deceased woman's husband has been booked for abetment of suicide.
Kota: A 21-year-old woman, who was married just six months ago, allegedly committed suicide in Rajasthan's Jhalawar district after being repeatedly taunted by her husband over her "dark complexion", police said on Tuesday.
Mangibai jumped into a well outside her house in Banskhoyara village under Bakani police station limits on Monday, Station House Officer (SHO) Balveer Singh said.
She was pulled out of the well and rushed to a hospital where doctors declared her brought dead, he said.
Mangibai's husband, Dinesh Lodha, has been booked under section 306 (abetment of suicide) of the Indian Penal Code and the investigation has been handed over to the Deputy Superintendent of Police, Bakani circle, the SHO said.
Her father, Devlal, a resident of nearby Ganeshpura village, told police that she got married in April this year but her husband used to repeatedly humiliate her over her "dark complexion", the officer said citing the FIR registered.
Harassed and broken by her husbands remarks on her complexion, she was forced to end her life, Devlal alleged in the report, the SHO said.
The body was handed over to Mangibai's family after the post-mortem, the officer said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- It's 3 Idiots Reunion as Mona Singh Joins Aamir Khan-Kareena Kapoor Starrer Laal Singh Chaddha
- In Pics: Bachchan Family Celebrates Aaradhya's 8th Birthday
- Salman Khan Consoles an Overwhelmed Saiee Manjrekar During Dabangg 3 Promotions
- Someone Started a Petition Asking PM Modi to Impose Section 144 on 'Noisemakers' on TikTok
- 9-Year-Old Shatters Records by Catching Massive Blue Catfish Only to Release it Later