Rajasthan Woman Found Hanging Inside Well, Husband Booked for Dowry Death
According to the complaint, the woman's husband had been torturing her for dowry ever since they were married two years ago.
Kota: The body of a 21-year-old married woman was found hanging inside a well at a village in Rajasthan's Jhalawar district, police said on Sunday.
According to the complaint, the woman's husband, Nanuram Tanwar, had been torturing her for dowry ever since they were married two years ago, Ghatoli police station incharge Nainuram Meena said.
The woman, Kallibai Tanwar, was found hanging inside a well at Durjanpura village on Saturday morning. Prime facie, the woman, a resident of Bijaypur village in Madhya Pradesh's Rajgarh district, had committed suicide, Meena said.
The father of the woman alleged that when the dowry demands were not fulfilled, Nanuram Tanwar strangled her and hung her body in the well, the officer said. The accused has been booked for dowry death under Section 304 B of the Indian Penal Code and is yet to be arrested, Meena said.
The body has been handed over to the family and an investigation is underway, the deputy superintendent of police of Eklera circle said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Jasprit Bumrah Shares Throwback Picture to Show His Journey from the Bottom
- Inside Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor's Wedding Anniversary Party
- Gautam Kumar Jha Becomes Third Crorepati on KBC, Quits at Rs 7 Crore Question
- Google Assistant Bug is Causing Battery Drain in Android Phones
- Bajaj Brings Back Iconic 'Chetak' Scooter in an All-Electric Avatar: Here's All You Need to Know