Rajiva Sinha to be Appointed as New Chief Secretary of West Bengal
Rajiva Sinha is currently the additional chief secretary to the health and family welfare department.
(Source: WB Secretariat Personal Assistants' Asssociation)
Kolkata: Rajiva Sinha will be the new chief secretary of West Bengal, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee tweeted on Thursday.
The present incumbent Malay Kumar De will retire on Monday, she said.
Sinha is currently the additional chief secretary to the health and family welfare department.
De, a 1985 batch IAS officer, was appointed the chief secretary in 2017 after the retirement of Basudeb Banerjee.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria
- ‘Lo Chali Main’: Renuka Shahane Just Had a ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun’ Moment and Twitter is LOLing
- Nokia 6.2 Launched in India at Rs 15,999: Everything You Need to Know
- HP Chromebook x360 Review: A Million Android Apps Make All The Difference
- OnePlus 7T Pro, 7T Pro McLaren Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs, Launch Date and More