Rajnath Singh Holds Telephonic Conversation with US Defence Secretary Mark Esper over Iran Tensions
Rajnath Singh is said to have conveyed to US Defence Secretary Mark Esper India's stakes and interests in the Gulf region and how concerned New Delhi is over the escalating tension there.
File photo of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
New Delhi: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday held a telephonic conversation with US Secretary of Defence Mark T Esper during which they discussed the evolving security situation in the Gulf region.
Officials said Singh conveyed to Esper India's stakes and interests in the Gulf region and how concerned New Delhi is over the escalating tension there. "We expressed firm resolve to strengthen the bilateral defence cooperation. He (Esper) also briefed me about the recent developments in the Gulf Region. I shared India's concerns and interests in the region," Singh tweeted.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- A Wall, Whiter Taj and Stink-free Yamuna: The Many Ways India is 'Cleaning Up' to Welcome Trump
- Video of Sidharth Shukla Sweating it Out in Gym Post Bigg Boss 13 Goes Viral, Watch Here
- Samsung Sent a Weird 1 Notification By Mistake, And People Started to See Conspiracies
- Icons on Your Windows 10 PC Are Set to Get Their First Big Makeover in Years
- Mentally Unsound Man Poses as Doctor, Prescribes Medicines to Patients in Madhya Pradesh