Rajnath Singh Promises Justice in Alwar Lynching Case
Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday assured the Lok Sabha that the Centre would ensure that justice prevails in the alleged lynching case of a Muslim by cow vigilantes in Rajasthan's Alwar.
File image of Rajnath Singh. (Photo Credit: PTI)
New Delhi: Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday assured the Lok Sabha that the Centre would ensure that justice prevails in the alleged lynching case of a Muslim by cow vigilantes in Rajasthan's Alwar.
Singh's response came after Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge raised the issue during Zero Hour, demanding action against the culprits.
"The state government has taken cognisance of the matter. FIR has been registered and some arrests have been made in the case. Centre would try that justice would prevail," Singh said.
He also sought compensation for the victim and action against the culprits.
Victim Pehlu Khan, in his 50s, was brutally beaten up by cow vigilantes in Rajasthan's Alwar district on Saturday while transporting cows.
Khan succumbed to his injuries on Monday night in a hospital where he was being treated.
Recommended For You
- Ayushmann's Badhaai Ho is on 'Winning Streak'; Arjun's Namaste England Tanks on Day 2
- What Can App Stores do if Users Start Downvoting an App? Nothing, For The Sake of Democracy
- Shooter Saurabh Chaudhary Donates Youth Olympics Gold-clinching Pistol to IOC Museum
- Pakistani Poet's Daughter has to Drive Taxi to Make Ends Meet
- Sambar is NOT South Indian and You Should Thank the Marathas