Ensure Safety of Kashmiris, They Are Equal Citizens of India: Rajnath to States
Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday asked all states to ensure safety of Kashmiris living in different parts of the country.
File image of Rajnath Singh. (Photo Credit: PTI)
New Delhi: Condemning the alleged incidents of harassment of Kashmiris, Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday asked states to ensure their safety.
His statement came in the wake of reports alleging that Kashmiri students in Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh were being threatened after incidents of stone pelting and assault on security personnel by youths in the Valley.
The Home Minister said proper inquiry should be initiated in each case and strongest possible action should be taken against the guilty.
Singh said Kashmiris are like any other Indian and an advisory is being sent by the Home Ministry to all states to ensure the safety and security of people from the Valley.
I have asked the HS to immediately issue an advisory to all the states to ensure the safety and security of Kashmiri students.
— Rajnath Singh (@rajnathsingh) April 21, 2017
"I appeal to all states,they should ensure safety of all Kashmiris anywhere in country.They are also equal citizens of India," said Rajnath Singh.
"I have come to know that there were a few incidents of misbehaviour towards Kashmiris in some places. I appeal to all Chief Ministers to ensure security of Kashmiris," he told reporters.
Home Ministry has also launched a helpline number for the people of Jammu and Kashmir living in other parts of the country.
(With PTI inputs)
Recommended For You
- Playing ODIs First Will Help Team Settle Down in England: Shastri
- US Soldier Becomes World's First Penis Transplant Receiver, Was Injured in Afghanistan
- On a High After CWG Success, Sharath Kamal Hopes for India's Best Show at World Championships
- More Rape Cases Being Reported Is A Good Thing: Naseeruddin Shah
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro First Impressions Review: An All-Rounder With a Mammoth Battery