Rajnath Singh to Lead Indian Delegation at Fidel Castro's Funeral
Home Minister Rajnath Singh will lead the Indian delegation at the funeral of Cuba's revolutionary leader Fidel Castro.
File photo of of Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
New Delhi: Home Minister Rajnath Singh will lead the Indian delegation at the funeral of Cuba's revolutionary leader Fidel Castro.
The delegation is likely to include leaders from various political parties like Congress, CPI(M), CPI and Samajwadi Party.
The team will leave for Havana on Tuesday and is expected to return on Thursday evening, official sources said.
The composition of the delegation is still being worked out by the Prime Minister's Office in consultation with the ministries of the external affairs and home.
After two days of commemorations in Cuba's capital Havana, Castro's ashes will go on a four-day island-wide procession starting Wednesday before being buried in the southeastern city of Santiago de Cuba on December 4.
Castro died on November 25 at the age 90, after defying the United States during a half-century of iron-fisted rule and surviving the eclipse of global communism.
Castro, whose 1959 revolution toppled a dictatorship with the promise of bringing justice and equality to his Caribbean island, was a major 20th century figure.
Recommended For You
- Watch | Behind the Scenes With the Superstars of Mumbai Indians
- All-New Ford Freestyle Launched in India for Rs 5.09 Lakh
- Avengers: Infinity War-Think You Are Ready to Join The Marvel Superheroes? Take Our Quiz to Find Out
- Sonam Shuts Down Sexism, Asks 'Shahid Ki Shaadi Ho Gayi, Kisine Unse Pucha If He's Going to Work or Not?'
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S First Look: Signature Redefined