Rajnath Singh Visits Kashmir’s Kupwara, Meets Locals
Union Minister Rajnath Singh paid tributes to the martyrs of Jammu and Kashmir during his visit to Kupwara district in Jammu and Kashmir.
File image of Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh. (Photo Credit: PTI)
Srinagar: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday visited the frontier district of Kupwara and interacted with the locals living near border areas, officials said.
Singh was accompanied by Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti and Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) Jitendra Singh, they said.
The home minister met local delegations and people living in border areas of the district on the second day of his two-day visit to the state, they added.
He also visited the district police lines and paid tributes to the martyrs of Jammu and Kashmir police force.
Singh arrived in Srinagar yesterday and is scheduled to visit Jammu later on Friday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Janhvi Kapoor Steps Out With Price Tag Attached to Outfit
- Soni Razdan and Mukesh Bhatt React to Fake Wedding Card of Alia and Ranbir Kapoor
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami