Raksha Bandhan: Free Rides for Women in Rajasthan, Uttarakhand Govt Buses on Rakhi
The facility will be available in the general and express category buses for 24 hours starting from 00.00 hrs on August 25 in Rajasthan.
A girl selecting Rakhis ahead of Raksha Bandhan festival in Thane, Mumbai on Tuesday. (Image: AP)
New Delhi: Free rides will be available for women in Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation buses on Raksha Bandhan, an RSRTC spokesperson said.
The facility will be available in the general and express category buses for 24 hours starting from 00.00 hrs on August 25, the spokesperson said.
Raksha Bandhan is being celebrated on August 26 this year.
The Uttarakhand Transport Corporation, too, will provide free rides to women in its buses on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
The facility is being provided to women in Uttarakhand on the orders of Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat, an official release here said.
"It will enable the sisters to travel to their brothers for free to tie Rakhi on their wrists," it said.
(With PTI inputs)
Recommended For You
- Did Netflix Just Give Out the Biggest Spoiler About Sacred Games 2 with this Cryptic Tweet?
- Amala Paul Reacts to Ex-Husband AL Vijay’s Marriage with R Aishwarya
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: There is a 43-inch Samsung For Rs 28,999 And a Fire TV Stick is Bundled With it
- World Cup Final | Emotions Are Raw But We Signed Up for the Rules: Williamson
- Deserve a Chance in Indian Team, ‘A’ Series Performance Would Count: Iyer