Rally on Maharana Pratap Jayanti Triggers Clashes in Madhya Pradesh's Shajapur
According to eye-witnesses, the trouble started this afternoon when some people started hurling stones on the procession which was passing through the Nai Sadak area. They also torched several vehicles and vandalised an electronic goods store.
Image for representation only. (News18)
Shajapur, Madhya Pradesh: Violence broke out in Madhya Pradesh's Shajapur apparently after stones were pelted on a procession being carried out on Maharana Pratap Jayanti on Saturday, police said.
According to eye-witnesses, the trouble started this afternoon when some people started hurling stones on the procession which was passing through the Nai Sadak area. They also torched several vehicles and vandalised an electronic goods store, the police said
"Police resorted to lathicharge and lobbed tear gas shells to control the situation," the Sub Divisional Officer of Police, Kotwali, Padam Singh Baghel, told PTI.
After the violence, prohibitory orders were clamped in the town, he said.
He added that a strict vigil was being maintained in the area.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shahid Kapoor and Ishaan Khattar's Maternal Grandmother Passes Away
- Reliance Jio Q3 2019-20 Results: Subscriber Base Jumps to 370 Million as of December 31, 2019
- Virat Kohli Spotted Driving His New Audi Q8 SUV For the First Time
- FASTags Have Actually Increased Waiting Times at Toll Plazas; Be Prepared For Delays
- Good News For WhatsApp Users as Facebook Backs Down on Adverts, But There is a Catch