Ram Gopal Only Person Trying to Save SP, says Akhilesh Yadav
Akhilesh said everyone knows my father is unhappy with me, but I will ensure that the cycle he brought to Saifai continues its journey.
File photo of former Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav with Ram Gopal Yadav. (Photo: PTI)
Lucknow: Etawah on Thursday witnessed a big birthday bash. But beyond the cake and the wishes, it was a show of strength and power by former chief minister Akhilesh Yadav.
Celebrating his uncle and senior Samajwadi Party leader Ram Gopal Yadav’s 71st birthday, Akhilesh called on all MLAs, MPs, district presidents, and said that with Mulayam Singh Yadav unhappy with him, it was Ram Gopal who was trying to keep the SP together.
“It is my uncle who is trying to save the party. You all know my father is unhappy with me, but I will ensure that the cycle that he brought to Saifai continues its journey. I will take it further,” he said.
He was also quick to take a dig at PM Narendra Modi and said that with him riding a bicycle in Netherlands, the importance of cycle has only risen.
The celebration is the first such event hosted by SP after the poll debacle following the family feud. The party soon divided into two camps, one favouring Akhilesh and the other one supporting Mulayam and his brother Shivpal Yadav.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Reveals That He Takes Time Management Tips From Deepika Padukone
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring