Ramdev Seizes Chillum from Sadhus at Kumbh, Says 'Ram, Krishna Didn't Smoke'
Yoga guru Ramdev collected chillum (conical clay pipe) from several sadhus and made them take a pledge to quit tobacco.
File photo of Baba Ramdev.
Prayagraj: Yoga guru Ramdev has asked saints and seers at the Kumbh Mela to quit smoking, pointing that the Gods they follow never smoked in their life.
"We follow Ram and Krishna who never smoked in their life then why should we? We must take a pledge to quit smoking. We sadhus have left everything including our home, mother and father for a greater cause, then why we cannot leave smoking," Ramdev was quoted as saying by news agency ANI.
He collected chillum (conical clay pipe) from several sadhus and made them take a pledge to quit tobacco. He said he will deposit all the chillum for display at the museum he will build.
"I have made youngsters quit tobacco and smoking, then why not Mahatamas," Ramdev was quoted.
The 55-day long Kumbh Mela will end on March 4. It is the largest human congregation in the world, with over 130 million pilgrims expected to participate in the festival with the belief that taking a dip in the holy water of Ganges River will pave the way for their salvation and would rid them of their sins.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- After Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar Accused of Supporting Aarey Forest Destruction
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Swara Bhasker Taking Off Her Heels on the IIFA Green Carpet is Basically All of Us
- Taylor Swift Weighs in on Game of Thrones Finale and Daenerys Targaryen's Fate
- Google For India: Understanding Google Pay Virtual Tokenized Cards For Secure Payments