Ramjas Calls off Seminar as ABVP Protests Umar Khalid's Presence
Ramjas College on Tuesday called off a seminar being held on campus after members from the students’ union DUSU and ABVP protested the participation of JNU students Umar Khalid and Shehla Rashid.
A file image of JNU student Umar Khalid, who was implicated in a sedition case. He was not allowed to participate in a seminar at Ramjas college on Feb 21, 2017, due to protests by ABVP and DUSU.
Delhi: Ramjas College on Tuesday called off a seminar being held on campus after members from the students’ union DUSU and ABVP protested the participation of JNU students Umar Khalid and Shehla Rashid.
Khalid was scheduled to speak in the afternoon on ‘The War in Adivasi Areas’ at an event titled ‘Cultures of Protest’ that was organised by the Literary Society of Ramjas College.
However, even before he could arrive, members of the DUSU and ABVP reached the campus and began protesting, disrupting the proceedings. They even met the Principal, Rajendra Prasad, and objected to Khalid’s participation.
Last year, Khalid was booked for sedition by the Delhi Police for allegedly raising anti-India slogans during an Afzal Guru event at the JNU campus.
Recommended For You
- This Company Will Pay You Rs 69,000 to Binge Watch All MCU Movies Before Avengers Endgame Releases
- Alia Bhatt Oozes Grace in Black Chikankari Sharara
- Robert Downey Jr Asks Which Avengers Endgame Star Wore the Best Moustache, Twitter Responds With Funny Memes
- Delhi Crime Review: Netflix Show Successfully Presents a Different Point of View on Nirbhaya Case
- Karan Johar Says He's Facing Technical Trouble, Denies 'Liking' Tweet Abusing SRK
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s