Rape Accused Escapes From Police Custody During Treatment at Goa Hospital
Ishwar Makwana was arrested for allegedly raping a 20-year-old woman at a beach in South Goa district.
Image for representation.
Panaji: A 24-year-old man arrested in a gang-rape case in Goa escaped from police custody on Monday when he was brought to a hospital for medical treatment, police said.
Ishwar Makwana, who hails from Indore in Madhya Pradesh, was arrested by the Goa Police along with two other men from MP in May this year for allegedly raping a 20-year-old woman at a beach in South Goa district. He was lodged at the Central Jail at Colvale in North Goa district since then.
On Monday morning, he was taken for some medical treatment to Panaji-based Chest Disease & T B Hospital where he managed to give police the slip, a senior police official said.
"The Goa Police's escort cell, which is in-charge of transportation of inmates from the Central Jail, had brought the under-trial to the hospital but he managed to run away from there," the official said.
A search was on to nab him, he added. Makwana and the two other accused— Ram Bhariya and Sanjiv Pal — had raped and robbed the woman in South Goa on May 24.
Makwana had been booked in the past in MP for various offences, including killing a couple in Indore. He also carried a reward of Rs 20,000 on his head, police said.
Recommended For You
- Have You Tried Solving this ‘Maths Meme’ that Has Left People Scratching Their Heads?
- Pooja Batra Nails the Minimal Bride Look at Intimate Wedding with Nawwab Shah, See Pics
- Did Netflix Just Give Out the Biggest Spoiler About Sacred Games 2 with this Cryptic Tweet?
- Watch: Sleeping Man Doesn't Even Wake Up as a Snake is Rescued from His Kurta
- ICC World Cup 2019 | Rohit And Bumrah Makes It To The ICC World Cup XI