Rape Accused takes Poison as Police Reach to Nab Him in Rajasthan's Jhalawar
Raghuraj Singh, a resident of Khemlakhedi village in Ujjain district of Madhya Pradesh, was wanted in a rape case and a POCSO court had issue warrants against him.
Kota: A 25-year-old man accused of raping a minor consumed a poisonous substance as police reached to nab him at Jhalawar's Borkeheji village on Sunday, police said.
He was hiding at his brother-in-law's house at the time of the incident.
He was rushed to a district hospital where he was undergoing treatment, police said, adding that he was stated to be out of danger.
Raghuraj Singh, a resident of Khemlakhedi village in Ujjain district of Madhya Pradesh, was wanted in a rape case and a POCSO court had issue warrants against him, said Sunel police station Jitendra Singh Shekhwat.
As the rape accused came to know that police had reached the village to nab him, he consumed some poisonous substance and surrendered, the SHO said.
The police team came to know about it when he started vomiting, the SHO said.
He was given medical treatment and was stated to be out of danger, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch Launched With a New Keyboard, Price Starts at Rs 1,99,900
- Dog or Unicorn? Meet Narwhal, the Puppy with a Tail Growing Out of His Forehead
- Best Postpaid Plan at Rs 999: Vodafone RedX vs Airtel MyPlan Infinity
- Not Speaking to My Mother Was Tough: Real Kashmir FC Defender as Valley Lockdown Completes 100 Days
- KTM 390 Adventure First Look Review at EICMA 2019 – Watch Video