Rape, POCSO Case Probes Should be Completed in Two Months, Ravi Shankar Prasad to Write to CMs, CJs
Trial of cases pertaining to rape or under POCSO should also be completed within six months, Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
File photo of Union minister Ravi Shankar Prasad.
Patna: Union minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on Sunday said he would write to chief ministers and high court chief justices of all the states to complete investigation into cases of rape and those registered under the POCSO Act in two months.
Trial of such cases should also be completed within six months, the Union law and justice minister said.
"I am going to write letters to all the chief ministers urging them to complete the investigation within two months in rape and POCSO cases," Prasad told reporters.
Incidents of rape and crimes against women are unfortunate and highly condemnable, Prasad said.
"I will also write to the chief justices of all the high courts to dispose of expeditiously all cases relating to rape and POCSO pending in the Fast Track Courts," he said.
Prasad's comment came in the backdrop of nation-wide outrage over the alleged rape and murder cases at Hyderabad and Unnao.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Salman Khan Ousts Madhurima Tuli from Show
- Kai Po Che? Kite Strings in Gujarat Have Killed Over 150 Birds
- Ajay Devgn's Tanhaji Continues Dream Run at Box Office, Earns Rs 128.97 Crore in 8 Days
- Rupinder Pal Singh Gets Brace as India Crush Netherlands in FIH Pro League Debut
- FASTags Have Actually Increased Waiting Times at Toll Plazas; Be Prepared For Delays