Rape Survivor on Way to Court Attacked With Acid-like Liquid, Hospitalised
The woman was rushed to a government hospital in Sector 16, Chandigarh, while the two men who attacked her fled the spot.
Video grab of the woman being taken to a hospital in Chandigarh on Monday.
Chandigarh: A 25-year-old rape survivor was attacked by two motorcycle-borne assailants who threw an acid-like combustible material on her while she was on her way to the juvenile court here.
The shocking incident took place in broad daylight on Monday near Punjab University Gate Number 3.
The woman was rushed to a government hospital in Sector 16, Chandigarh, while the two men fled the spot.
Inspector Sarita Roy said, “A 25-year-old rape survivor, resident of Sector 23, was on her way to the juvenile court when she was attacked by two youths on a motorbike. She was attacked near Gate Number 3 of Punjab University. She was immediately rushed to the hospital. She has not suffered any injuries. Her clothes have been sent for forensic examination. It is not yet clear whether it was an acid attack or not.”
The police officer added, “Last year she was allegedly raped by a boy from Jammu and had filed a case against him. Perhaps the acid attack has some connection with the previous rape case.”
According to sources, she met the accused on Facebook who then lured her to a hotel in Sector 45, Burail in Chandigarh.
(With inputs from Manoj Rathi)
Recommended For You
- I Hope I Can Get Gold: PV Sindhu Doesn't Want to Miss Opportunity After Reaching 1st Final of 2019
- 'Virat Kohli' is a TikTok Star and No We aren't Talking About Team India Captain
- Sophie Turner, Joe Jonas Give the Biggest Shout-out to Priyanka Chopra Jonas on Her Birthday
- Ranbir Kapoor, Deepika Padukone to Star in Luv Ranjan's Next? These Pictures Say So
- How NASA Astronauts Were Treated to Hero's Welcome on Return to Earth