Rape Victim Forced to Drink Poison While Returning from Tuition in Delhi's Dwarka
A police officer said that the associates of the rape accused might have tried to poison her to stop her from giving testimony in the court. However, it is being verified.
News18 Creative by Mir Suhail.
New Delhi: A 17-year-old rape victim was allegedly forced to drink poison by two bike-borne men when she was returning home from tuition in Dwarka district's Hastsal area.
In her complaint, the girl alleged that when she was returning home from tuition, two bike-borne men intercepted her way and threatened her of dire consequences if she gave statement against the rape accused in the court. However, when she refused to do so, they allegedly caught hold of her and forced her to drink poison, a senior police officer said.
The accused duo fled the spot after the incident, he said, adding that the incident took place on Thursday evening.
The girl in semi-conscious state went to Deen Dayal Upadhyay hospital in an autorickshaw and she is out of danger, the officer said.
On Friday, she approached the police and a case was registered against the two men in Uttam Nagar police station, he said.
Prima facie it appears that the associates of the rape accused might have tried to poison her to stop her from giving testimony in the court. However, it is being verified, the officer said.
The rape accused recently came out on bail. A case of kidnapping and rape was registered against him at Ranhola police station in 2018, police said. He is being questioned in connection with the incident, they said, adding that teams have been formed to nab the culprits.
Recommended For You
- ISRO's 'Akshay Kumar' Fan Moment is Adorable but the List is Incomplete Without Jaadu
- Chandrayaan 2 Launched Successfully By ISRO | India's Second Moon Mission
- FaceApp-like Technology Helps Chinese Police Reunite Man Kidnapped 18 Years Ago with Family
- Umpire Kumar Dharmasena Admits 'Error' in Awarding England Six Runs in World Cup Final
- Xiaomi Redmi K20, K20 Pro go on Sale Today: Price, Launch Offers and More