Raped 6-year-old Dies After Week-long Struggle in Odisha Hospital
The girl, who was reported missing after she went to a shop near Jagannathpur Nodal Upper Primary school to buy chocolates around 6 p.m. on April 21, was on ventilator support at the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack.
Photo for representation only.
Bhubaneswar: A six-year-old rape survivor from Odisha's Salipur died on Sunday after struggling for life for more than a week at the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack, an official said.
The minor was on ventilator support ever since she was admitted to the trauma care ICU in the paediatric ward in a critical condition, Medical Superintendent Shyama Kanungo said.
On April 21, the girl was found unconscious in a school compound in Salipur area of Cuttack. She was rushed to a hospital in Salepur but later shifted to the SCB.
The girl was reported missing after she went to a shop near Jagannathpur Nodal Upper Primary School to buy chocolates around 6 p.m. on April 21. The accused lured her away with a chocolate.
"After raping her on the school premises, he attempted to kill her by throttling her. Accused Mohammad Mustaq was arrested," said Krutibas Jena, Cuttack (Rural) Additional Superintendent of Police.
The girl's sister demanded a speedy trial in the case and death sentence for the culprit.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Wanderlust? Deepika Padukone has the Perfect Weekend Travel Idea During Coronavirus Lockdown
- Priyanka Chopra on Plans to Start Family With Nick Jonas: It's Something I Definitely Want to Do
- Top 5 Free Racing Games You Can Play at Home to Beat the Coronavirus Lockdown
- Fighting Fake News on COVID-19: What India’s Social Media Companies are Doing
- Microsoft Xbox Series X Code Stolen in Cyber Attack on AMD, Reveals Company