Rashly Driven Car Rams Into Crowd Outside Mosque in East Delhi, No Casualties: Police
According to a senior police officer, a white Honda City car hit several devotees who were coming out of the mosque in Khureji area after performing namaz.
Image for representation. (Network18 Creative)
New Delhi: A "rashly driven" car allegedly rammed into a crowd near a mosque in Shahdara in east Delhi when devotees were leaving after Eid prayers on Wednesday, police said.
"No casualty has been reported. A case has been registered and police are trying to nab the driver," Meghna Yadav, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Shahdara), said.
According to a senior police officer, the white Honda City car hit several devotees who were coming out of the mosque in Khureji area after performing namaz.
After the incident, agitated people gathered at Khureji Chowk but the the crowd was dispersed swiftly and the situation brought under control, police added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inside Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor's Wedding Anniversary Party
- India, Stressed: More than Half of Commuters in Metro Cities Likely to Commit Road Rage
- I'm Drawn Towards Films that Have a Strong Point of View, Says Kunal Kapoor
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works
- Bajaj Brings Back Iconic 'Chetak' Scooter in an All-Electric Avatar: Here's All You Need to Know