RBI Comes up With New Lavender Coloured 100 Rupee Note
The new Rs 100 note will be smaller than the previous version and slightly bigger than the Rs 10 note, and weigh less than the old Rs 100 note.
New Delhi: As part of the central bank’s regular exercise, the Reserve Bank of India is set to introduce new Rs 100 denomination notes.
The new notes, in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) series, will bear the impression of Gujarat's historic stepwell Rani ki Vav, depicting the country’s cultural heritage. The base colour is Lavender, said the apex bank in a notification on Thursday.
The new Rs 100 note will be smaller than the previous version and slightly bigger than the Rs 10 note, and will weigh less than the old Rs 100 note.
The current Rs 100 notes will continue to be legal tender.
The printing of the lavender-coloured notes has already begun at the press in Dewas with indigenous ink reportedly being used.
Banks will have to make changes in ATMs to accommodate the new notes as was the case with new notes of other denominations. Several new micro-security features have been added to the new Rs 100 note, which will be visible only under ultraviolet light.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Video of Disha Patani Doing a Back Flip will Give You Major Gym Goals
- Chris Hemsworth Delivers Iconic 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Dialogue, Wins Hearts of Indian Fans
- 'Wearing Six-Inch Heels Liberates Women,' Says Inventor of the Louboutin
- Netflix is Now Listing Top 10 Most Viewed Movies And TV Shows in India
- Strangers Can Get Access to Your Private WhatsApp Groups, Here’s How to Stop Them