Ready to Facilitate Dialogue Between Naxals, Govt: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Wednesday said he was willing to facilitate dialogue between the government and the Naxals.
File photo of Art of Living founder Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. (Reuters)
Bhopal: Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on Wednesday said he was willing to facilitate dialogue between the government and the Naxals.
"There must be a dialogue to understand their (Naxals') problems....Given the opportunity, I am ready to act as an interlocutor between the government and Naxals," Ravi Shankar said in Bhopal.
Speaking to reporters outside the Madhya Pradesh Assembly, the Art of Living founder said the government would be able to understand the problems and motives of Naxals only after holding talks.
"They are not roaming aimlessly in the forest. They must be feeling some pain. What is the purpose of their struggle? We can ascertain their purpose or their dreams only through interaction," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nushrat Bharucha Wants to See Ranbir Kapoor in a Towel in Bigg Boss
- Prince Narula, Yuvika Chaudhary to Quit Nach Baliye 9?
- Shashi Tharoor Slams Pakistan's 'Vituperative Mudslinging', Twitter Brings Out Dictionary
- Samsung Diwali Sale: Offers on Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy M10s and More
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies