Rearing Cows Diminishes 'Criminal Mindset' of Prisoners, Claims Mohan Bhagwat
The RSS chief said the cow was the mother of the universe and the entire society should come together to save them.
File photo RSS chief Mohan. (Image : PTI)
Pune: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat said on Saturday that experience has shown that "criminal mindset" of jail inmates decreased when they were given the task of looking after cows.
He was speaking at an award ceremony organised by the Go-Vigyan Sanshodhan Sanshtha, an organisation dedicated to 'cow science' research, here.
"Cow is the mother of universe....it nurtures soil, it nurtures animals, birds and it also nurtures humans and protects them from diseases and makes the human heart as tender as flower," he said.
"When jails set up cow sheds and prisoners started rearing cows, the authorities saw that the criminal mindset of these prisoners started diminishing, and I am telling you this from experiences shared by some jail authorities," he said.
Entire society should come together to conserve the cows and the importance of Indian breeds of cows needs to be conveyed to the people in a scientific way, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- This Compilation of Kobe Bryant and His Daughter Gianna's On-Court Moments Has Left Fans in Tears
- OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T Get OxygenOS 10.3.1 Update With Bug Fixes, December Security Patch
- Kobe Bryant, Daughter Killed in Copter Crash, Akshay Kumar, Disha Patani and Others Share Condolences
- PUBG Mobile: Exclusive Maserati Ghibli Skin For Dacia Spotted
- Jio and Snapchat Launch 10-second Creative Challenge And Jio’s Got Talent Lens for Snap