Rebuked for Plucking Mangoes, Man Develops Own Mango Orchard
As a popular TV commercial shows, some people just can't resist the king of fruits - mangoes.
File photo of mangoes (Reuters)
Betul: As a popular TV commercial shows, some people just can't resist the king of fruits - mangoes.
This man from Betul in Madhya Pradesh was no different. A few of years after being rebuked by a fellow villager for plucking mangoes from his farm land, Harish, now, owns a rich mango orchard, with over 400 varieties of this summer fruit, solely developed by him.
A true mango lover, this 30-year-old farmer from village Jolkhera in Betul, knows the importance of its taste.
Anyone visiting his orchard stands a chance to relish these mangoes as the owner offers them for free.
Recounting his journey as a mango farmer, Harish said that a few years ago, he was passing by a mango tree in his village. Not able to contain his urge to taste the mangoes, he pelted stones on the tree and ate some of the mangoes that fell down.
However, the owner of the tree soon landed there. He not only lambasted Harish for plucking mangoes without his permission but also charged Rs 100 as a penalty.
Deeply upset by the insult, Harish decided to have his own orchard at his own farmland and offer others the tasty mangoes. He soon started developing his mango orchard on a land which was uneven.
A farmer of progressive mindset, Harish uses drip-irrigation to save water and welcomes every mango lover.
Recommended For You
- New Toyota Camry Hybrid Launched in India for Rs 36.95 Lakh
- Rakul Preet Singh Gives Befitting Reply to Online Hater Who Slut-shamed Her for Her Outfit
- BHEL to Set up Solar-Based Electric Vehicle Charging Stations on Delhi-Chandigarh Highway
- The Biggest Data Breach of All Time: 773 Million Email Addresses And 21 Million Passwords Exposed
- We Produced More Pace – Whatmore Basks in Historic Kerala Win
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s